How to accelerate European ecosystem restoration with a Business Case
Climate change impacts and slow nature restoration
Whilst climate change and its effects are increasingly present everywhere in the world, the emergency for concrete action has never been as high. Yet nature continues to be destroyed in many places, whilst regulations on nature restoration are too slow. EcoTree is creating impact with a unique model, restoring European ecosystems such as uneven aged mixed forests by letting businesses and individuals own parts of these forests and thus accelerate the development of carbon sinks.
Ecosystem restoration one tree at a time: EcoTree's solutions
EcoTree is a nature-based solutions provider for businesses and individuals committed to taking action to support the fight against climate change, biodiversity loss and to protect our ecosystems. The company offers a broad variety of high-quality solutions in Europe to sequester carbon and preserve biodiversity – from tree ownership and biodiversity sponsorship to custom-made projects with carbon credits – all from its own European forestry and biodiversity projects. Their projects accommodate multiple Sustainable Development Goals and as a member of UN Global Compact, they are committed to responsible business practices. With EcoTree’s unique tree ownership model and biodiversity sponsorships, businesses can easily reward and incentivise customers to make more sustainable choices. This type of engagement in nature and climate supports companies wanting to strengthen ties to their employees, customers or suppliers while showing their commitment to people and the planet.
EcoTree's model: boosting carbon sequestration and biodiversity
EcoTree’s business model’s foreseeable impacts are the following: the main impacts are afforestation, reforestation and sustainable forestry management in Europe. In turn, this has a positive impact on forest health, carbon sequestration, biodiversity, groundwater quality and local employment. Second, it creates a positive impact on European biodiversity through the various biodiversity projects, which impact wetlands, pollinators, fauna and flora diversity, and the overall health, restoration and/or conservation.
- Over 1,000 hectares of land restored and managed.
- Over 117 hectares of preserved wetlands.
- 50.000 Tons of CO2 have been validated Ex-Post already – a much higher amount will continuously be verified and validated over the long term.
- 5,870 meters of honey hedges and 345 beehives in our forests.
IMPACT VISION 2030
- Become Europe’s n°1 Nature Based Solutions (NBS) provider.
- Continue expansion within Europe, developing projects that meet societal challenges, in line with the IUCN’s definition of NBS.
- Adapt our innovative sustainable forestry business model to more European countries.